Halloween Safety Recommendations
The Falmouth Police Department suggests the following safety tips to help make this Halloween a safe and enjoyable one:
- Wear light colored clothing that’s short enough to prevent tripping, and add reflective tape.
- Make sure children can see well through face masks, or use make-up.
- Adults should accompany young children.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Stay within the neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber which is soft and flexible.